💛The ‘Eábha‘ Collection
Polka Dot Notebook: An A5 plain journal with a fresh polka dot cover. The spine uses the coptic technique enhanced with a colourful matching waxed linen thread. 100% handmade, 160 pages. A bright happy journal!
- Size: A5 (8.5*5.6″)
- Page: 160pages
- Material: Lokta paper and white smooth paper
- Binding: Copic and decorative thread
- Suitable for: Writing, Sketching, Doodling, Jotting, Scrapbooking
💙 Information Snippet
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Using historical and traditional techniques
- Supports women and fair trade economy
- Supports a family business
Traditional Technique: Coptic Binding
- Coptic Binding is the earliest form of binding for books as we know it today. It succeeded the earlier scroll format with oldest known examples date as far as 200AD. Widely spread by the 11th century, it bound all kind of material (papyrus, parchment, vellum, and paper). Usually, binders would leave the spine exposed, but not always. Its versatility, simplicity, and durability made it the preferred binding for early Christian writings ensuring their rapid reproduction and diffusion. Moreover, it offers excellent creative freedom, it has the benefit of opening completely flat.
✨ Looking for more gift ideas for her, check our ‘Eábha’ range
Fancy being part of a community of like-minded people? Join the facebook Digital Detox community.