Polka Dot Notebook: An A5 plain journal with a fresh polka dot cover. The spine uses the coptic technique enhanced with a colourful matching waxed linen thread. 100% handmade, 160 pages. A bright happy journal!
- Size: A5 (8.5*5.6″)
- Page: 160pages
- Material: Lokta paper and white smooth paper
- Binding: Copic and decorative thread
- Suitable for: Writing, Sketching, Doodling, Jotting, Scrapbooking
🧡 Good Karma:
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Using historical and traditional techniques
- Supports women and fair trade economy
- Supports a family business
💚 Good to Know
- Lokta Paper: I particularly like its very soft, slightly shiny yet unmistakably artisan qualities. Always made from the fibrous inner bark of high Himalayan elevation Lokta bushes in Nepal, the paper is finished exclusively in Katmandu. Interestingly, it is a recognised and supported fair-trade industry supporting women employment as well as tourism. Once made, Lokta paper can last thousands of years, due to its resistance to humidity and insect. Lastly, it was traditionally used exclusively for official and religious documents.
- Coptic Binding is the earliest form of binding for books as we know it today. It succeeded the earlier scroll format with oldest known examples date as far as 200AD. Widely spread by the 11th century, it bound all kind of material (papyrus, parchment, vellum, and paper). Usually, binders would leave the spine exposed, but not always. Its versatility, simplicity, and durability made it the preferred binding for early Christian writings ensuring their rapid reproduction and diffusion. Moreover, it offers excellent creative freedom, it has the benefit of opening completely flat.
✨ For mixed/wet techniques and watercolour grade paper, check our Sketchbooks