💛 The ‘Chiyogami’ Collection
Kimono Notebook: An A5 blank journal with a traditional geometric kimono pattern. The spine uses the coptic technique enhanced with decorative stitches. 100% handmade, 180 pages.
- Size: A5 (8.5*5.6″)
- Page: 180pages
- Material: Japanese Katazome paper and quality thick smooth paper
- Binding: Copic and decorative stitch
- Suitable for: Writing, Sketching, Doodling, Jotting, Scrapbooking – For mixed/wet techniques and watercolour grade paper, check our Sketchbooks
💙 Information Snippet
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Using historical and traditional techniques
- Supports a family business
Washi is a traditional handmade type of Japanese paper that uses local fibres. The know-how behind the craft is protected as part of the UNESCO intangible cultural heritage. Behind its apparent fragility lies superior strength and durability, due to the intensively manual labour involved and the necessary icy water required for its production. Washi CHIYOGAMI uses a method of stenciling or screen-printing traditional Japanese designs also used for Kimono paper. Washi KATAZOME uses a resist paste as a method of dyeing paper or fabrics.
✨ Check our largest range of Japanese paper