💛Superior Paper Artist Book
A landscape A4 sketchbook, with an embellished coptic spine and a modern elastic cord, textile cover and 280gsm cartridge paper, suitable for light multi-media techniques.
- Size: 62 pages, A4 landscape (8.3*11.7″)
- Style: Vegan
- Paper: 280gsm, off white cartridge paper
- Binding: Coptic with a weaved long stitch on exposed spine, elastic cord fastener
- Karma: Handmade
- Suitable for: The most common use for cartridge paper is for illustrating. Artists use sketchbooks full of cartridge paper to draw. They often use oil pastels, pencils or chalk to create images on the thick, textured paper. The thickness of the paper, as well as the texture gives the drawing a chiseled look. Suitable for light wet techniques also.
💙 Information Snippet
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Support a family business
- Support a not-for-profit Heritage paper mill
Good to know
Why is ‘Cartridge Paper’ called ‘Cartridge Paper’? Well, the name stems from the paper’s earlier use in making cartridges for black powder muskets and rifles It was used as a container for the propellent, priming powder, and the projectile. Paper was used in cartridge making well into the 1870s but as weapon technology evolved, the heavy cartridge paper was repurposed for more artistic purposes and makes ideal drawing paper.
There are more rustic journals, check them out!
Fancy being part of a community of like-minded people? Join the facebook Digital Detox community.