Superior Paper Artist Book with a modern twist
- Size: A4 landscape (8.3*11.7″)
- Page: 62 pages
- Binding: Coptic with a weaved long stitch on exposed spine
- Paper: 280gsm, off white
- Embellishment: Elastic cord, grass inclusion inside paper and weaved spine
- Suitable for: The most common use for cartridge paper is for illustrating. Artists use sketchbooks full of cartridge paper to draw. They often use oil pastels, pencils or chalk to create images on the thick, textured paper. The thickness of the paper, as well as the texture gives the drawing a chiseled look. Suitable for light wet techniques also.
🧡 Good karma
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Support a family business
- Support a not-for-profit Heritage paper mill
💚 Good to know
- Why is ‘Cartridge Paper’ called ‘Cartridge Paper’? Well, the name stems from the paper’s earlier use in making cartridges for black powder muskets and rifles It was used as a container for the propellent, priming powder, and the projectile. Paper was used in cartridge making well into the 1870s but as weapon technology evolved, the heavy cartridge paper was repurposed for more artistic purposes and makes ideal drawing paper.
✨ Looking for watercolour or multimedia paper? Looking to have single sheet artwork bound? Contact me for a bespoke album.