💛 The ‘Rustic’ Collection
A handmade rustic journal with a distressed cover and plain stone white quality paper, suitable for writing but also sketching.
- Size: A5
- Style: Minimalist, distressed material cover with a textile texture
- Paper: 160pages, 120gsm, conqueror stone white paper
- Binding: coptic sewing on exposed spine
- Karma: Handmade
💚 Information Snippet
- Writing is good for the soul
Traditional Technique: Coptic Binding
- Coptic Binding is the earliest form of binding for books as we know it today. It succeeded the earlier scroll format with oldest known examples date as far as 200AD. Widely spread by the 11th century, it bound all kind of material (papyrus, parchment, vellum, and paper). Usually, binders would leave the spine exposed, but not always. Its versatility, simplicity, and durability made it the preferred binding for early Christian writings ensuring their rapid reproduction and diffusion. Moreover, it offers excellent creative freedom, it has the benefit of opening completely flat.
There are more rustic journals, check them out!
Fancy being part of a community of like-minded people? Join the facebook Digital Detox community.