💛 The ‘Inspiration‘ Collection
Marbled Notebook: A handmade Journal with 100% upcycled paper, a convenient pen loop and elastic band. The spine is weaved and combines two styles of binding.
- Size: A5 (8.5*5.6″)
- Style: Vegan
- Paper: 140pages, upcycled paper with subtle inclusions, hand marbled khadi paper
- Binding: Copic and long-stitch binding
- Karma: Handmade
💙 Information Snippet
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Upcycled material
- Historical and traditional technique
- Support family business
Traditional Technique: Coptic Binding
- Coptic Binding is the earliest form of binding for books as we know it today. It succeeded the earlier scroll format with oldest known examples date as far as 200AD. Widely spread by the 11th century, it bound all kind of material (papyrus, parchment, vellum, and paper). Usually, binders would leave the spine exposed, but not always. Its versatility, simplicity, and durability made it the preferred binding for early Christian writings ensuring their rapid reproduction and diffusion. Moreover, it offers excellent creative freedom, it has the benefit of opening completely flat.
More ‘Inspiration’ coming soon, meanwhile, check ‘Handmade‘!
Fancy being part of a community of like-minded people? Join the facebook Digital Detox community.