Marbled Notebook: A handmade Journal with 100% upcycled paper, a convenient pen loop and elastic band. The spine is weaved and combines two styles of binding.
- Size: A5 (8.5*5.6″)
- Page: 140pages
- Material: Khadi Marbled Paper, Rhino paper
- Binding: Copic and long-stitch binding
- Suitable for: Writing, Sketching, Doodling, Jotting, Scrapbooking – For mixed/wet techniques and watercolour grade paper, check our Sketchbooks
🧡 Good Karma:
- Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
- Upcycled material
- Historical and traditional technique
- Support family business
💚Good to Know:
- Coptic Binding is the earliest form of binding for books as we know it today. It succeeded the earlier scroll format with oldest known examples date as far as 200AD. Widely spread by the 11th century, it bound all kind of material (papyrus, parchment, vellum, and paper). Usually, binders would leave the spine exposed, but not always. Its versatility, simplicity, and durability made it the preferred binding for early Christian writings ensuring their rapid reproduction and diffusion. Moreover, it offers excellent creative freedom, it has the benefit of opening completely flat.
- This paper was made on the first and original Fourdrinier Paper Machine, which launched the revolution allowing paper to become the cheap and plentiful product that we all use in our daily life. Faithfully restored by a group of enthusiasts, the machine is now part of a mill now run as a charity so its unique history can be preserved. Still modern in outlook, the mill now uses a range of recycled raw material for paper of great character and quality. History and goodness all rolled into one.