A faux suede, long stitch vegan leather journal that would be suitable to record your travel, pregnancy, daily gratitude or observations.
- Size: A5 (5.8*8.3″)
- Pages: 120 pages
- Inside Paper: Hand marbled upcycled paper
- Writing paper: 120gsm, organic upcycled paper from a not-for-profit mill
- Binding: Long Stitch
- Want your own? Contact me for a bespoke journal
💚 Handmade in Leitrim, Ireland
💛 Upcycled paper
💗 No animal cruelty
💙 Support a family business
Good to know:
- Medieval Long-Stitch Binding involves sewing directly through the covering material. It is a centuries-old technique with examples dating from the second century, primarily in Germany. By the 14th century, schools and university books relied on this style for binding limp parchment. Traditionally, strong linen thread or a twisted piece of vellum (tacket) provided stability and strength. Interestingly, Italian printed books also favoured this binding until the 16th century, while early 20th Century almanacs still relied on this technique. Finally, the French developed their own style by passing the thread through the previous signature creating a lacey effect.
- This paper was made on the first and original Fourdrinier Paper Machine, which launched the revolution allowing paper to become the cheap and plentiful product that we all use in our daily life. Faithfully restored by a group of enthusiasts, the machine is now part of a mill now run as a charity so its unique history can be preserved. Still modern in outlook, the mill now uses a range of recycled raw material for paper of great character and quality. History and goodness all rolled into one.